Oxandrolone, sold under the brand names Oxandrin and Anavar, among others, is an androgen and anabolic steroid (AAS) medication which is used to help promote weight gain in various situations, to help offset protein catabolism caused by long-term corticosteroid therapy, to support recovery from severe burns, to treat bone pain associated with osteoporosis, to aid in the development of girls with Turner syndrome, and for other indications.
How to use Anavar Tablet
This medication is used to help people regain weight they have lost due to certain medical conditions (such as surgery, chronic infection, trauma, long term use of corticosteroid medication such as hydrocortisone/prednisone). It is also used to relieve bone pain due to bone loss (osteoporosis). Oxandrolone belongs to a class of drugs known as anabolic steroids. These drugs are similar to male hormones made by the body.
Take this medication by mouth usually 2 to 4 times daily or as directed by your doctor. It may be taken with food or milk if stomach upset occurs.
Misuse or abuse of an anabolic steroid can cause serious side effects such as heart disease (including heart attack), stroke, liver disease, mental/mood problems, abnormal drug-seeking behavior, or improper bone growth (in adolescents). Do not increase your dose or use this drug more often or for longer than prescribed. When an anabolic steroid is misused or abused, you may have withdrawal symptoms (such as depression, irritability, tiredness) when you suddenly stop using the drug. These symptoms may last from weeks to months.
How does Oxandrolone (Anavar) work?
Anavar increases muscle mass in three ways
1) Inducing protein synthesis in the body
2) Up regulating the androgen receptor in skeletal muscle.
3) Increasing IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor)
Anavar given to healthy men, has been shown to increase protein synthesis by as much as 44% and improve effects of resistance training.
What are the possible side effects of oxandrolone?
Like with many other types of drugs, there are some serious consequences that come with abusing Anavar. Some of these symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Liver disease
- Heart attack
- Severe mood swings
new or worsening acne;
- shortness of breath (even with mild exertion), swelling in your ankles or feet, rapid weight gain;
- increased or ongoing erection of the penis;
- unusual penis growth before puberty;
- impotence, ejaculation problems, decreased amounts of semen, decrease in testicle size;
- painful or difficult urination;
- liver problems –nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- high levels of calcium in your blood –vomiting, stomach pain, constipation, increased thirst or urination, muscle pain or weakness, joint pain, confusion, and feeling tired or restless.